Vancouver boasts a thriving café culture that is as diverse as it is delicious. The city’s eateries are continually evolving, with a growing number of award-winning establishments and chefs gracing the Vancouver restaurants scene. Among these was the notable Royal Dinette restaurant, managed by the award-winning Chef Eva Chin.
- Location: Dunsmuir and Burrard, Vancouver
- Cuisine: Farm to table, locally sourced
- Highlight: Managed by award-winning Chef Eva Chin, with Kaitlyn Stewart as the acclaimed bartender.
The Royal Dinette was a significant player in the Vancouver restaurants scene, known for its fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Situated at the bustling corner of Dunsmuir and Burrard, this dinette with delicious menu was a beloved spot for dinner Vancouver. The ambiance was warm and inviting, with a modern rustic decor that drew diners into a cozy dining experience. Although the doors have closed, the legacy of Royal Dinette continues to linger in the city, showcasing the essence of Vancouver’s culinary scene.
- Location: Downtown Vancouver
- Cuisine: Contemporary Canadian
- Highlight: Known for its best lunch options and modern ambiance.
Blackbird is nestled in the heart of the city, making it a convenient lunch nearby spot for downtown workers and visitors. Their menu offers a contemporary take on Canadian cuisine, providing a delightful gastronomic experience for lunch enthusiasts.
Black + Blue
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Highlight: Elegant setting with high-quality steaks.
Renowned for its elegant ambiance and high-quality steaks, Black + Blue is a premier destination for dinner Vancouver. The elegant setting compliments the exceptional service and exquisite steak selections, marking its spot among the best restaurants in Vancouver.
Burdock & Co
- Location: Main Street, Vancouver
- Cuisine: Farm to table
- Highlight: Partnerships with local farms like Cropthorne and Foxglove Farm.
Burdock & Co champions the farm-to-table approach, offering a menu that tells a story of sustainable farming and culinary expertise. Their partnerships with local farms like Cropthorne and Foxglove Farm ensure that every dish is as fresh as it is delicious.
- Location: Smithe Street, Vancouver
- Cuisine: French
- Highlight: Authentic French cuisine with a range of lunch Vancouver specials.
Among the restaurants downtown Vancouver, Le Crocodile stands out with its authentic French cuisine. The restaurant has a classic, elegant ambiance that complements the culinary delights on the menu royal, offering a little Parisian escape in the heart of Vancouver.
- Location: Beatty Street, Vancouver
- Cuisine: Belgian
- Highlight: Known for its Belgian waffles and expansive beer selection.
Chambar Restaurant is a slice of Belgium tucked away in Vancouver. Known for its Belgian waffles and an expansive selection of beers, it’s a place where traditional meets modern in a cozy, welcoming setting.
- Location: West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- Cuisine: Contemporary Canadian
- Highlight: Award-winning dining spot known for its innovative dishes.
Hawksworth Restaurant is an epitome of modern Canadian cuisine. The innovative dishes, coupled with a sophisticated ambiance, make it a hallmark in the list of best restaurants in Vancouver.
- Location: Carrall Street, Vancouver
- Cuisine: French-inspired West Coast fare
- Highlight: Known for its best happy hour Vancouver offerings.
L’Abattoir offers a unique dining experience blending French inspirations with West Coast ingredients. The best happy hour Vancouver offerings here provide an enticing invitation for locals and visitors alike.
- Location: Canada Place, Vancouver
- Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi
- Highlight: Known for its Aburi Sushi and waterfront views.
Miku Restaurant offers a scenic overlook of the waterfront, adding to the serene dining experience. Known for its Aburi Sushi, it’s a gem in the Vancouver restaurants scene.
Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill
- Location: Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Italian
- Highlight: Award-winning eatery known for its Mediterranean and Italian fares.
Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill is an epitome of Mediterranean and Italian culinary fusion in Vancouver. The award-winning eatery is known for its authentic dishes that transport diners to the shores of the Mediterranean.
Fresh Faces on the Block
The buzz surrounding new restaurants downtown Vancouver is justified with entrants like L’Abattoir and Miku Restaurant, which have been featured on CNN Travel among other platforms for their innovative menus and captivating interiors.
The Donnelly Group’s Gastronomic Galleries
With a portfolio of trendy lunch restaurants and dinner spots, The Donnelly Group adds a unique flavor to Vancouver’s dining scene. More information about their ventures can be found on donnellygroup.ca.
Vancouver’s Latest Culinary Standouts Montecristo Magazine has curated a list of the best new restaurants Vancouver, providing food enthusiasts with a guide to the city’s latest culinary delights.
Yelp’s Top Picks: Diners’ Favorite Vancouver Eateries
The Yelp diner community has rated and reviewed some of the top restaurants in Vancouver, making it easier for locals and tourists alike to find a place that suits their palate.
Zagat Vancouver stands as the ultimate authority in culinary exploration, renowned for its meticulous and comprehensive wine reviews in Vancouver. Their discerning eye uncovers hidden gems like The Royal Bar, where mixology reaches new heights, and Royale Restaurant Calgary, a culinary destination that offers a remarkable blend of flavors and experiences. When seeking the perfect cocktail in Vancouver or an unforgettable dining adventure in Calgary, trust in Zagat Vancouver’s reviews as your guide to the finest establishments in Western Canada.
The eclectic mix of eateries in Vancouver offers something for everyone. From the legacy of the Royal Dinette to the fresh experience offered by new restaurants Vancouver, the city’s café scene is a journey of culinary exploration awaiting your taste buds.